Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Got The Blues.....

My outlook on life has been radically changed over these last few years. The loss of my beloved Susan on April Fools Day 2009 didn't start it ... but certainly poured gas on it and struck the match .... burning through all positive indicators of my future. Obliterating the hope of a radical change in politics that I'd hoped the congress would at least do its duty and support the new President.

Also, the loss of the physical ability to continue my job as a cook (chef is so imperial sounding) added to my ever growing list of negatives. Fighting (yes, not just applying) for help via a social security disability claim for damn near two years has left me even more depressed. A condition known as Fibromyalgia (PAIN!!!) was added to my Diabetes and Asthma. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome had been dogging me for many years and was unexplained until recently.

Stuck in the house for 98% of the time... I've have been watching much more TV than ever that caused addiction to political shows starting during the 2008 Presidential Campaign and continues today with the crazy tea bagger supported rethuglican "newbies" in the house of representatives and Governers.

I understand we had a two party system for over a hundred years but that has changed. Right wingers signing Grover Norquist's pledge should just tear it up and refute the "not one penny of tax increase" horse shit that has congress and the President in a phony debt ceiling battle because they are adding on a ton of shit to it when it normally is considered house cleaning. A one line paper that usually took a show of hands in Congress because it was needed to pay for programs that had already passed the congress and needed to be paid for. you know, a couple wars,bailing out wall street and the banks, unemployment, and a bunch of other things.

Now they want money from social security (that pays for itself and when it has a bonus it lends it to the government (pay THAT back) and Medicare, that has exploded due to shitty medical expense explosion that must be brought under control.

Congress is REALLY broken this time. Bills that we have piled up for 12 years suddenly need to be payed for by senior citizens, school children, teachers, firemen, policemen, etc., etc., etc.?

Do I need to move to another country? Do you? I got the blues....BIG TIME!!!

No comments: